The patented MS-316 from Jonard is a Mid Span Slit, and Ring Tool is designed to provide easy access to optical fibers in outer jackets and buffer tubes. Building on the popularity of the Jonard Tools MS-6 and MS-26 Fiber Optic Mid Span Slitting Tools, we have incorporated a ring feature in the tool to make it even more versatile.
The slit and ring MS-316 is designed to open fiber jackets and loose buffer tubes to provide easy fiber access. One side of the tool slits fiber jackets and loose buffer tubes, and the opposite side rings fiber jackets and loose buffer tubes. All done without damage to the fiber. Blades are replaceable. Note: Thin-walled cables are designed for cables used in ducts and micro ducts.Groove Sizes:
- 2.9-3.6 mm
- 3.6-4.4 mm
- 4.4-5.2 mm
- 5.2-6.0 mm
- 6.0-6.8 mm
- Consists of 5 precision slitting grooves and 5 precision ring grooves ranging in size from 2.9 mm to 6.8 mm
- One side of the tool performs radial/ring cuts, and the other side slits the cable (longitudinal cut)
- Compact design weighing less than 2.5 oz with included tethering hole makes it perfect to use in tight spaces or on the go
- Indicator line on top of the unit indicates the position of the blade for accurate slitting and ringing
- Replacement blade set available, part number: MS-316RB
- Blades last for 5,000 slits/cuts
- All Jonards MS Series Mid Span Tools are patented for their unique design and functionality. Our MS-426 won the 2019 Cabling Installation & Maintenance Gold award for innovation, and our MS-6 won the same prestigious award in 2018!